In observance of this being Thanksgiving week, and in light of our nation’s current chaotic state, this post will be about things I’m thankful for.
· I am thankful for the United States of America and our founding forefathers who sought to honor God. God, help our nation to recognize your sovereignty and draw close to you again.
· I am thankful to be alive, that abortion was never an option, even had I been considered unwanted or an inconvenience. God, how can we expect You to bless a nation that murders its innocent babies? Break our hearts for this travesty and open our eyes and hearts to the horror of this.
· I am thankful to be a wife and mother. God, touch the hearts of the lonely who long for love, and for the parentless who yearn for children. Hear the cries of their hearts.
· I am thankful for family. In a world where the traditional family is redefined and ridiculed, help us to value what your Word says. Let us not judge, or treat others with contempt. Help us to understand that showing kindness and compassion does not mean we approve or condone. Hatred never shows others the heart of the Father.
· I am thankful that I am a Christian and have a relationship with Jesus Christ. It is not a religion, it’s a relationship. If it had not been for God, I would be dead. Dead! But that’s another topic for another day.
· I am thankful for needs met. Face it, most of us are spoiled to material things. God never promised our wants; He did promise our needs. God, help us to understand the difference, and to be content in all things like the Apostle Paul. “Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therein to be content.” Philippians 4:11 ASV
In conclusion, I wish you all a very blessed and happy Thanksgiving. May your day be filled with family and friends, love and laughter. May you recognize and count your blessings!