Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Encouraging Writers With Scripture

 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11 NIV

No matter how much I pray or give myself little pep talks, discouragement hits me over my writing career (or lack of one). I have my pity parties and wail to God. And because He is a loving Father, He’ll send bits of encouragement. And, yes, God is okay with our whining and pity parties as long as we don’t allow it to rule our lives. He created our emotions, so He understands them.

I’ve written one book, Like a Cedar In Lebanon, and subsidy published it. It is my baby, yet I know I broke all the rules for proper writing technique. I didn’t know any better. Therefore, I feel it’s the ugly child only a mother could love. Occasionally, in my discouragement over my "baby," I'll get a good report about my book.

God reminds me continually that He has called me to write at this juncture in my life. He does so by comforting me with His assurance, leading me to particular scriptures, and sending people along to bolster my fledgling ego. I encourage you to trust His word; He does have a plan for you and me.

Remain confident, my writer friend. God has it all under control.  “Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” Philippians 1:6 NIV

Persevere, my fellow writers. Do you write to share a message of hope with your readers? “And let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we shall reap if we faint not.” Galatians 6:9 NIV

Is your desire and passion to be a writer? Involve God into your writing, if you haven’t already. No one will be a greater champion of your efforts than Him.  “Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.” Psalm 37:4 NIV    “For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.”  Psalm 84:11 KJV

God is on your side. He's got your back. You can do this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment