Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Getting Motivated After The Holidays


Ugh! Bah-humbug! I love, love, love the Thanksgiving and Christmas season, but trying to get back into the groove (am I dating myself using that word?) has been difficult. That scripture in the Bible “The spirit is willing but the flesh (body) is weak” (Matt. 26:41), sure describes what I have been experiencing.

Writing, like anything, is an endeavor where we need to give ourselves a push periodically. Even if you LOVE to write, you’ll encounter this at times. Let’s face it, we can always justify not doing something with the excuse that we had so many other things to do. And with me, that is true. Very, very true!

My characters in my WIP-'s-currents novels--I’m working on, become so real to me during the whole writing process. But like real people, if I don’t see or talk to them for awhile, they tend to fade from the forefront of my thoughts. It’s almost like we need to get reacquainted again.

So here is my public declaration to: Jonah and Lilyth, Josiah and Leah, Lola and Jeremy, and Jeff and Leola (the only non-fiction ms I’m working on), I know who you are. I haven’t completely forgotten you. I promise that I will visit you this week and frequently thereafter. At least I will for sure with Jonah and Lilyth, and Jeff and Leola. But I haven’t forgotten the rest of you.
Is she working on four different novels you may ask. Glad you did ask. Yes, I am.
I can do this!

1 comment:

  1. 4 manuscripts at once - girl you are crazy! Of course, this is coming from someone who has more blogs than you can count on both hands.

    Happy Writing!

    ReplyDelete