Monday, June 17, 2013

The Power


“Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: Now have come the salvation, and the power, and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Christ. For the accuser of our brothers, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down. They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.”  Revelation 12: 10-11 NIV

I want you to zero in on, “They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony.” The him the scripture refers to is Satan. So what automatically comes to your mind when reading this?  If someone were to ask me, I would answer power – power in the blood of Christ AND the word of my testimony, or what I confess with my mouth.

Sometimes we fail to understand, and remember, the power we possess because of Christ’s blood, and what we confess and profess with our words.

Twice in my life, I’ve hemorrhaged and each time, needed a transfusion of two pints of blood. Before blood flowed into me to replace what I’d lost, two characteristics assaulted me. I was very cold and very weak. Nurses warmed blankets to cover me, and I barely had strength to talk on the phone. As the blood flowed in, I warmed and regained my strength.

Later God used this experience to show me that without the continual flowing of Christ’s blood over us, we become cold and weak. How does that translate to writing, you may ask? I believe that if God has called you to be a writer, that same blood that was shed for the remission of sins empowers you to do what He has called you to do.

Some days I don’t feel like writing, let alone like a writer. On those days, I should allow my testimony to boldly be, “I am a writer!” and draw my strength from Christ. I don’t always do that, so this blog is more for me than anyone else.
When I am weak, He is always strong. He’s more than willing to empower me. I just fully trust in what He accomplished on the cross, boldly declare my testimony of what I can do, not what I can’t do. It’s powerful

No comments:

Post a Comment