Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Those Pesky New Year's Resolutions!


New Year’s resolutions! Bah humbug! Why do I make them every year? Why don’t I keep them? Here are my 2013 resolutions:

·         Lose weight. (Naw, didn’t happen. In fact, I think I’ve put on 5 extra pounds during the year of 2013)

·         Exercise daily, or at least 3 times week. (Ugh! Yeah, so did NOT happen! My total days of exercise could fill up a month’s calendar and that’s it)

·         Passionately pursue my writing career via editors, publishers, and agents. (That whoosh sound you hear is the loudest sigh to ever pass my lips. I did NOT even approach anyone in the agent/publishing field, which is grand puzzlement to me. WHY? Why didn’t I?)

·         De-clutter my house and garage. (I border on being a hoarder – not visible inside my house, but I know it’s there in closets, drawers, cabinets and garage. I have made progress with this resolution in 2013)

·         Pay off/down credit cards. (This only works if you have sufficient income during the year, which we did not. Consequently, our credit card debt is higher going into 2014)

·         Eat healthier. (Yeah, this pesky resolution is right up there with the weight loss/exercise one)

·         Pray more. (I did okay with this one, but I could’ve done better)

·         Read the Bible more. (I am ashamed to say I failed with this one)

 
I am a faithful New Year’s Resolutions setter. I set them; I usually don’t follow through, though. Am I setting more this year? You betcha – and probably the same as the above!

I know, I know! What can I say? I love setting goals and having to-do lists, even if I don’t make it happen. Pray for me, will you? My spirit is willing, but my flesh is weak.  

2 comments:

  1. You are always in my prayers, my friend. Lots of love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with ya on some of these, my friend. Not to worry...God will help us forward with these. 2014 is going to be a wonderful year!

    ReplyDelete