New Year’s resolutions! Bah humbug! Why do I make them every year? Why don’t I keep them? Here are my 2013 resolutions:
· Lose weight. (Naw, didn’t happen. In fact, I think I’ve put on 5 extra pounds during the year of 2013)
· Exercise daily, or at least 3 times week. (Ugh! Yeah, so did NOT happen! My total days of exercise could fill up a month’s calendar and that’s it)
· Passionately pursue my writing career via editors, publishers, and agents. (That whoosh sound you hear is the loudest sigh to ever pass my lips. I did NOT even approach anyone in the agent/publishing field, which is grand puzzlement to me. WHY? Why didn’t I?)
· De-clutter my house and garage. (I border on being a hoarder – not visible inside my house, but I know it’s there in closets, drawers, cabinets and garage. I have made progress with this resolution in 2013)
· Pay off/down credit cards. (This only works if you have sufficient income during the year, which we did not. Consequently, our credit card debt is higher going into 2014)
· Eat healthier. (Yeah, this pesky resolution is right up there with the weight loss/exercise one)
· Pray more. (I did okay with this one, but I could’ve done better)
· Read the Bible more. (I am ashamed to say I failed with this one)
I am a faithful New Year’s Resolutions setter. I set them; I usually don’t follow through, though. Am I setting more this year? You betcha – and probably the same as the above!
I know, I know! What can I say? I love setting goals and having to-do lists, even if I don’t make it happen. Pray for me, will you? My spirit is willing, but my flesh is weak.