Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Getting Published!

What happens when you’re ready to send that book off to a publisher?  It’s like sending that first kid off to school. I feel nervous, apprehensive and anxious. Will everyone like this like I do? Or in my case, I love it.  It’s my baby, my novel, my very first published book that will be out there for public scrutiny.
And – are you ready for this? I decided to self published.  Why? Because I guess I’d say I’m a coward. Traditional publishing seems overwhelming to me.  I tried, unsuccessfully I might add, to pursue the traditional publishing route.  Alas, I’m sure I gave up way too early from discouragement.
But the unnerving part for self publishing is that there will be no proofing or editing other than what I’ve done and/or had friends do for me. So any typos or grammatical errors will be out there for the world to see. I’m praying I’ve caught them all. I don’t want to be embarrassed.
And I’ve been told that my writing tends to be edgy, or at least in the realm of Christian fiction, so no traditional publisher would take a chance on a first-time, unpublished author that writes edgy Christian fiction.
I’m definitely not Francine Rivers who gets away with that type of Christian fiction. So onward and upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment