Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Publishing That First Novel

    It’s that time of year that causes joy to arise in the heart of most parents – school has started! It’s always a little unsettling when it’s a child’s first day of school ever; unsettling for both the child and parent. Parents worry if people will love and appreciate the child like they do; will other kids pick on the child, are their bullies at the school, will others understand the child’s little quirks and qualities that you find endearing.
    My kids are grown and gone, have been for more years than I care to admit, but I remember the feeling of launching the child off to school. I did it five times. Now I am experiencing those same feelings, but not about my child. I’m feeling that way as I launch my first novel off to a publisher.
    Yikes! I am nervous and excited, I feel anxiety and apprehension. This is my “baby,” I have birthed this novel with sweat and tears, sleepless nights, second guessing, revision s, doubts and fears.
    It is time though. I have to do this. No more procrastinating. I’m starting the process tomorrow. Wish me luck. Better yet, pray for me, say a prayer. I don’t believe in luck, but I do believe that God orchestrates the lives of His children, and has His hand hovering over all that we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment