Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Self Publishing


Self-publishing! Sheesh!!! I have NOT had a novel published yet, and call me a coward, but the whole thing of finding a traditional publisher to take me on as an unknown, unpublished writer seems overwhelming to me. All the writers’ clubs I belong to has authors/writers that lament about the number of rejections they receive before finding a publisher willing to take a chance on their manuscript. I’m too old and too full of doubts to go that route.

But getting my manuscript ready for self-publishing has been a nightmare! Okay, maybe not that bad, but it seems like I’ll never have it ready. The publishing company and a professional editor/proof reader gave my novel complimentary evaluations, which encouraged me, but I don’t want to send m y novel to be published when it has errors…any errors at all.

**sigh** So I’m hoping to have it finished for the final time. Be looking for it and please, please buy it. “Like a Cedar in Lebanon”  by Leola Ogle.

1 comment: