Thursday, March 27, 2014

Praying Scripture Over Your Writing

I love how God reminds us of his faithfulness to us. When I pray, I always quote scriptures of promise that goes along with whatever particular thing I’m praying about. Didn’t Jesus himself quote scripture at Satan when Satan was trying to tempt him after his 40 day fast?  If Jesus did it, then we definitely need to. If you aren’t currently utilizing scripture in your prayer time, I encourage you to do so.

As it pertains to my writing career – or lack of one, depending on how you look at it – these are some scriptures I use:
John 14:13-14 (NIV) 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it

James 5:16 (NIV) 16………The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

Psalm 84:11 (ESV) 11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor. No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly.

Ephesians 3:20 (NIV) 20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,

Psalm 37:4 (NIV) 4 Take delight in the Lord,  and he will give you the desires of your heart

Hebrews 11:6 (NIV) And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.


We all go through slumps, dry times, times of discouragement and doubt. That’s what makes us human. I have been praying a lot lately – more than I normally do – about this season of my life, asking God if writing is what I’m really supposed to be doing. He sent several reminders within the past few days that writing is what is ordained for my life at this time.

Be encouraged, dear friend. God knows exactly where you’re at and what He desires for your life right now. Be confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion. (Philippians 1:6) He is faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment